Tuesday 9 October 2007

Expressions redefined...
















Last week I found a card within my books... it was a hand made card with a heart shape cut at the center. I opened it and just beneath the heart shaped cutting was written in a beautiful handwriting ... in bold letters... "I Love You " .

I smiled and felt an emotion that was beyond the measureable domains of language and expression.

The card was simple... nothing expensive or, classy about it. And the expression that it spoke about wasn't something that I had never heard of before... but it was precious because it made me realize that I was special and cared.

That day I learned a lesson... how small things and moments can add value and give an essence to your life. You don't need to have materialistic assets to have happiness ... because love can even make a smile more priceless than a thousand diamonds.

My niece through that card taught me... how I should value those who have been with me through thick and thin. The need to let my loved ones know.. how much I love them and how precious they are to me.

Its often that we express our displeasure , but how often do we even hold on for a second to express our love for the people for whom we care. Its not that we don't love them but we just think that the expression for our love for them is oblivious.

To love is precious... but to keep expressing that love is priceless.

So try saying to all those who are your world ... how special they are to you and how much you value them. And believe me the happiness that they will feel through it would reflect in your love for them.... and your life will shine with the luminosity of your mutual love and compassion.

No comments: