Thursday 23 April 2009

Why it's difficult to say 'NO' to a pretty woman?











I start this with a question with a hope that may be someone notices this and answers me back. It is not often that you realize how vulnerable one is to beauty. But when you do that, questions like these clog your mind.

Last evening I got into a situation like this. I had to take a hair cut and it was my first one in Zurich, so I didn't knew much about the Hair salons here. I just got down on my way back at a busy tram station and looked around for a Salon. I found a pretty nice looking one, called 'Giddor'. So I walked into it.

I saw all around cushioned comfortable chairs, hair washers, shampoos, gels, etc. just like an Indian Salon. And then I saw something that was a bit different….pretty girls! All around the Salon there were no guys. The hair cuts were done exclusively by girls. Nice surprise!

I got a seat and a hair stylist. Luckily I got the one who was the prettiest to my eyes. If only I would have had such a pretty hair stylist in India, I would have never left the Salon. But jokes apart, she didn't understand English. God I hate when language kills a good chance!

So she called time to time a girl, who translated for us. She started with really specific questions like a hair cut with scissors or, machines, how many centimeters, wet or, dry cut, etc-etc. Then there was a stage where she had to decide upon the style. And here the magic of beauty worked. She just told me casually that I would look smarter if I would change my hair to a new style that she suggested. And I just couldn't say a 'No'. It was not that I wanted to say a 'No' but it was also not that I wanted to say a 'Yes'. But I didn't even thought a second to say a 'Yes'. I just said, whatever you feel good is great!

Come on now! Who would have said this to a hair stylist if he had been a guy! Probably just looking at her face while she was working was enough to make me dumb and docile. That's the hidden power a pretty woman has! It stops your thinking process. At least it did that to me.

Luckily the hair style really did look awesome after she was finished. But it is really funny because not until I reached home I actually cared how it was. But that doesn't change the question that I was just all dumb in front of her and that she could have suggested anything and I would have not been able to say a 'No'.

So the point is why is it so difficult to say a 'No'? I like the sound of the word, in fact I keep saying it most of the time. But No I could not even think to say that last evening. And the only reason was that I was in front of this pretty woman who looked divine and didn't even knew my language! That's weird and spooky. I really wish I knew what made me so dumb last evening as I am pretty sure of this to be an exact encore, when I go there the next time! ;-)

1 comment:

DA said...

Haha... just loved d description... poor u!!!